Friday 10 August 2012

Chocolate Icons Miniature Mix

It ain't half hot today in England....
Just popped into Camborne to pick up some bits and pieces for a BBQ my girlfriend and I are having later on today (People better turn up, half of them we asked didn't get back to us) and I saw this while looking for a pair of tongs in Pound Stretcher
Here be a picture
One I took myself! :o
I couldn't find anything online, picture of info-wise

It's a pack of bitesize chocolates filled with various gooey things! My favourite type of chocolates from things like Roses or Quality Street
Let's rip open the pack and give 'em a go
They're all individually wrapped with various colours representing various types

I think I'll try the crème goo one first. It's in a red and yellow foil wrapper. I imagine this is a crème egg type thing. Yeh, it is. With yellow and white fondant inside. It has a slight fruity-caramely taste to it unlike crème eggs. I don't know if it's what's been absorbed from the other chocolates or what, but it's ok. Not the best

Onto the caramel goo. This one's in a blue and yellow wrapper. Gah! The chocolate has been cracked and it's all stuck to the wrapper >:I
It's a really funny tasting caramel, has the same sort of flavour as the crème but on top of a caramel\fudge-ish flavour. I'm not too keen on this one, to be honest. It's a bit too creamy for my liking

In a green and yellow wrapper is a mint one. This one looks like dark chocolate (ugh). I've noticed that most mint crème chocolates use dark chocolate....
It's not the mintiest of things, but it's a refreshing taste. But I'm not too keen on the bitter taste from the chocolate

Hmmm... Which one now? Strawberry or orange? I think Orange.
This one's in a purple and yellow wrapper (why not orange?) It's really sweet and doesn't have a citrus-ish tang which I like from orange crème things. The orange flavour is only just noticeable

And last but not least, the strawberry one. This one's in a red and blue wrapper. Again, it's really sweet tasting and tastes only just of strawberry. It's more of an artificial taste, in all honesty. Meh, not as good as things like quality street

All in all, if you're after something cheap to share for something like, say, a movie night, then these are probably good for you, but if you're looking for something a bit more than that, I wouldn't suggest these
Five out of ten
Not bad, not good

No comments:

Post a Comment