Friday 27 July 2012

Rockstar Recovery Lemonade

So I've just got home from work and I'm knackered. But I need to go have a shower, tidy my room, get dressed and prepare myself mentally and physically for a day of doing bugger all. What better way to give me the boost I need than a nice, cool energy drink from the fridge?
Here's a picture
It's a pretty cool looking can
In my opinion, that seems to be the main focus of drinks like these and Relentless or Monster. They're like the fashionable thing to be seen drinking
I'm happy with a 29p can of Emerge, to be honest
It has the usual crap on the can. Taurine, Ginseng, Caffeine, blah blah
Not long ago, I found out that the taurine contained in drinks like these is actually nowhere near the levels needed to have the desired effect of the chemical
Here's an extract from the Wikipedia page
A review published in 2008 found no documented reports of negative or positive health effects associated with the amount of taurine used in energy drinks, concluding that "The amounts of guarana, taurine, and ginseng found in popular energy drinks are far below the amounts expected to deliver either therapeutic benefits or adverse events".

Occasionally at work I'm out in the car park cleaning. The amount of cans from Rockstar and so on I find is imense D:

Anywho, stop rambling, Danny. Get on with it!
It's non-carbonated, so that's gonna knock a few points off my rating.
It smells like real lemon, unlike the cheapo 18p lemonade you can buy from Asda or Tesco. It tastes really sweet with a slight bitter undertone from the lemon.
But lemonade should be fizzy!!
Make this fizzy, a bit cheaper (These things are around £1 to £1.50 for a half a litre can in the UK), let the lemon keep some of its kick and you've got a great drink ;)
But then you'd end up with normal lemonade.....

It's ok, but I wouldn't buy it regularly due its price, and the fact it's not carbonated
I give it a 6 out of ten! :o

No comments:

Post a Comment